One of the most important partners of ExperVision in China is the Institute of Machine Intelligence (IMI) in Nankai University, which is focused on R&D in various recognition technologies. Together with IMI, ExperVision provides R&D and Consulting Services to both OCR Application Vendors and End Users in the global market.
ExperVision provides Global Customers Sixteen (16) areas of R&D Services, which are classified in the following Five (5) Groups:
Group 1: R&D on OpenRTK® Modules
Following is the basic structure of ExperVision® ‘s OpenRTK® , R&D Service on the modules of which is briefly described in 1) to 4):
1) APIs: OpenRTK® has three groups of APIS: Basic APIs developed in early 90s, Extended APIs used in TypeReader®development, and Enhanced APIs which have been developed since 2000. In addition to these groups, ExperVision provides development service for new APIs upon customers’ requests.
2) OEII Access: OpenRTK® ‘s Open APIs allows OCR developers access to OEII (OCR Engine Internal Information) for their sophisticated applications, in which respect our R&D team has been giving great help to many customers since OEII was announced in 1995.
3) Platform: OpenRTK® has employed Multi-platform Technology in its EVCore layer since 1990, which is easily revised to adapt for various OS and CPU for 21st century applications.
4) Training: OpenRTK® ‘s recognition database can be trained for the recognition of additional characters, fonts, languages and images from other sources, e.g. Screenshots, to expand OpenRTK® ‘s applications and to resolve customer specific problems.
Group 2:Core R&D Outside OpenRTK®
With ExperVision® ‘s OpenRTK® as a black box in the following picture, the “Outside” R&D Service is briefly described in 5) and 6):
5) Customized Pre-Processing: ExperVision provides customers pre-processing R&D for special images to help overcome difficulties in their OCR applications.
6) Customized Post-Recognition: The R&D team also provides post-processing service to extract useful information from the recognition results, which will be used in the customer’s business process.
Group 3:R&D Services on TypeReader® Modules
Following is the basic structure of ExperVision® ‘s TypeReader® , R&D Service on modules of which is briefly described in 7) to 10):
7) Extendable Scanner List: TypeReader® supports all ISIS and Twain Compatible scanners, which should be enough for most users in most OCR application environments. For those users who need support for special optical scanning or camera devices, we provide driver development service for them to enjoy the Champion OCR Power in TypeReader® .
8 ) Extendable Format List: TypeReader® imports and exports all contemporary image and document formats, and most important traditional formats like Word Perfect and Lotus 1-2-3. ExperVision’s R&D team is ready to provide service for those users who want to process images or export documents in any other formats.
9) Customizable WYSISWYG TextProofer TM: One of the most commonly used tools inside TypeReader® is the WYSISWYG TextProoferTM which provides the easiest means of proofreading for users to get 100% accurate results after OCR. TextProofer TM can be customized for high efficiency operation in OCR bureaus or data service facilities.
10) Customizable TR UI: We also provide UI customization service based on TypeReader® for OEM clients to run their ISV business.
Group 4:R&D Services on TypeReader® Server
With ExperVision® ‘s TypeReader® as a black box in the following picture, the Outside R&D Service is briefly described in 11) to 13) for OCR Server applications:
11) Server Functions I to IV: TypeReader® Server provides OCR and document management functions at an enterprise or LAN level for the customer. Our R&D team helps the customer to customize the document management functions for their particular business functions.
12) Networking: TypeReader® Server can also be customized to suit the customer’s special networking and IT environment.
13) Customizable OCR Server UI: Our R&D team even provides customization service for TypeReader® Server’s UI to fit the customer’s unique business process so to maximize their ROI in ExperVision® ‘s OCR.
Group 5:R&D Service for Form Recognition
Many of our customers develop Form Recognition Systems (FRS), in which the Form Layout Analysis or Form Post Recognition modules work before and after OpenRTK® respectively. These two modules are also key parts of FRS, for which the customer’s R&D team may not have the proper expertise and/or enough experience to develop internally. In such situations, our R&D team will provide services 14) to 16) as described in the following:
14) Form Layout Analysis: Traditional or fixed format FRS puts emphasis on Form Layout Analysis before OCR, in which respects we have provided R&D service since 1995.
15) Form Post Recognition: Since the end of 20th century, more and more customers have been developing FRS for free format forms like invoices, resumes, business cards, checks, etc., in which Form Post Recognition is a key module. Our R&D team is highly experienced and more than capable of giving as little or as much assistance as needed to ensure the highest productivity with the lowest cost to risk factors.
16) OpenRTK® Customization for FRS: For either traditional or free format FRS, OpenRTK® is better customized for the particular application and the particular forms to be processed. Our R&D team has conducted many projects in this nature to support our customers’ FRSs.